Software Engineer at Google Research, Zürich, since 2019.
Working (mostly) on JPEG XL, a new image compression format.
I wrote very fast PNG and JXL encoders. Slides about those encoders, with links to code on GitHub, can be found here.
PhD in Computer Science, University of Pisa, Pisa (2017-2021) Compression Techniques for Large Graphs: Theory and Practice (pdf, slides).
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa (2015-2017)
A new algorithmic framework for enumerating commutable set properties (pdf, slides).
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa (2012-2015)
Ricerca veloce di pattern comuni a due grafi (pdf, slides).
- 10th place at the AliBaBa Global Scheduling Competition.
- Winner of the First Reply Code Challenge.
- 81st place at the Google Distributed Code Jam Round 2
- 14th place at the Google Hash Code team competition.
- Silver medal at the International Olympiads in Informatics.
- Honourable mention at the Romanian Master in Mathematics.
- Gold medal at the national Olympiads in Physics.
- Gold medal at the national Olympiads in Mathematics.
- First place at the national-level competition “Gara di Modellizzazione Matematica”.
- Bronze medal at the Balkan Mathematical Olympiad.
See my Google Scholar page.